quotes sayings Pictures, Images and Photos

Monday, January 16, 2012

The Glory of the Tens Place

So Monday is weigh-in day (it's also my eat like a normal person day which is why I'm writing this while eating enchilada casserole for breakfast). And today the scale was my friend showing a weight of 219.4! Woo-Hoo! That's right, one woman's- Holy Freaking Cow!-weight is another woman's WOO-HOO!

That puts me down 3 lbs for this week and 5.5 lbs total for 5 weeks. Maybe not where I was hoping to be but the weight is starting to come off which makes me very happy indeed. I passed another milestone this last week too...exercise is finally starting not to suck completely. I did my 35 minutes of cardio at the gym on Friday night and I felt strong and good work-out tired, not the exhausted and 'why the crud am I doing this to myself' tired I have been feeling.

Speaking of exercise have any of you tried Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred? I'm halfway through level 2 now and it's one of my favorite videos ever. It's a 20 minute workout which is great when you have kids (or a life) and it's intense. I used to workout with a friend who was in really good shape and by the end she was huffing and puffing as much as I was. Which was kind of depressing, you think it would get easier right? That's a subject for another post though. Anyway, the Shred combines 3 minutes of strength, 2 or cardio, and 1 of ab work into three circuits. If you're looking for a video to do in your home I would recommend this one. I used to work out to 80's step videos with leotard-clad women with high pony-tails and blue eye make up. LOL Do you guys remember those? Who invented leotards that snap in the crotch anyway?

It was glorious to see that scale tick down out of the 220's. I haven't seen teens on my scale in a long time. Makes me hopeful that that elusive hundreds place might not be too far behind.

Go drink a cup of water! No, I mean right now! Then check back in on Wednesday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!!

Shannon Tuke

Elissa said...

Good job Amy. And just so you know .5 pound to 2 pounds a week is the normal, so you're right on track.

Catherine said...

Good for you!! I haven't touched the scale yet but the inches haven't moved too much. More concentrated on the positive attitude right now.

kelleen said...

Great job! Keep at it--we made this year our goal to have every member of the family exercise 5 days a week, and so far it is kicking my rear. I say if we work out so hard we can't pick up my arms or legs, housework should just do itself!

Krishna said...

That's so awesome!!! Congrats and keep it up. I know it's not always easy. :o)